We’re Motor. Our mission is to accelerate the decarbonization of personal mobility by making it easier to drive electric.
Motor partners with utilities to accelerate consumer adoption of electric vehicles. We engage customers through their utility to offer access to shared or individual EV ownership, overcoming common barriers to adoption and ensuring both the economic and grid benefits of electrification.
Incubated out of AES, we are a seed stage company with strong early results. We are headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and active in the Indianapolis market, where in 2021 we accounted for almost 25% of new electric vehicle registrations.
Motor is looking for a leader who can build our learnings into a scalable growth engine.
The VP Growth is an executive level growth generalist with the agility to manage both large business to business deals and end customer acquisition. They know how to move innovative products from early adopters to the early majority, both through finding the right approach to sell the existing product and gathering market feedback to improve it. They know how to pour the foundation of a team. They have the patience for long sales cycles, and the impatience to roll up their sleeves when necessary. They aren’t necessarily a marketer, but they know enough about marketing to be dangerous.
- Be a voice for Growth in the company, reporting to the CEO and serving on the management team.
- Organize and accelerate our customer growth efforts, working closely with local market teams.
- Manage internal and external marketing resources including digital marketing, social media, PR
- Provide support to the CEO and Head of Utility sales to close utility contracts
- Strong alignment with Motor’s mission
- Management experience at the early stages of a company or sales/marketing team
- Experience introducing new products to the market
- Startup mentality: ability to toggle between big picture strategy and small details, no problem too big or small for your attention
- Experience in the automotive or utility industries beneficial, but not required
- Compensation will be market rate for level of experience
- Travel requirement: as much as needed to get the job done. Our best guess is ~10%.
- Arlington, VA location preferred but not required. Must be near a major airport.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.